Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Tribute to My Ancestors

These are a few of the pictures I have been gathering for the last 14 years.  Each leave has the name of my ancestor printed on it.  This goes back 5 generations from me, but covers 3 generations( a picture for each). 

One day I came around the corner, and saw my little boy staring a the pictures of his ancestors.  I paused to watch him.  It took great restraint not to bust out laughing, for as he looked at each picture, his facial expression changed.  He scrolled up his eye brows and gave stern looks, than he cocked his head to one side with a whimsical look of not a care in the world, then big grins.  

I watched further and noticed his little lips were moving, mouthing conversations to each family member. 

It brought me great joy, to know that he felt he could talk to and discuss his day with those that love and care for him. 

I feel it is important to surround our children with objects that will encourage them to reflect and ponder on  . . . who am I, where did I come from, who should I be thankful to for these blessings. 

I am ever grateful to those who have struggled through this life before me, who have devoted there lives to doing the very best that they could, and by so doing have given me the gift of life and a full heritage.

Thank you, for being part of my life then, and now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment