Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Project for tomorrow. . . .hopefully. . . maybe. . . depends on my mood.

 So, I drive my husband crazy!  I tell him that is why he married me, he didn't want life to be boring.  :)

I have this brain glitch that makes it nearly imposable to finish things, I have found a way around that. . . well kinda.

The trick is, I start 5 projects, well more like 12 and when I get board of one, I move to the next, and when I am avoiding all 11 projects I finely make it back around to the 1st project and it finely gets done.  See, I'm a genius!

 If you can't find self mastery, find self trickery. 

So this one has been going on now for, oh two months now?  Thankfully you can't see the insane amount of toys that are stacked in here, along with, well everything else in the house the kids don't want to find a place for, like an entire laundry basket of unmatched socks. Grrrr.

So this is Lydia's room, or will be one day.  The story how this came to be is. . . well, . . .so . .. . ME.

I decided that I missed the color blue, what ever happened to BLUE?  Doesn't anybody like that poor lonely color anymore?  So I was determined to find the perfect blue for my room. . . .problem was, there was NOT the perfect blue, there was, . . .baby blue, and sky blue, and periwinkle, and lavender blue, and a yellow blue, and gray blue. . . .by golly, I tried 6 different paint samples and I could not find a good blue.  

Problem is I live 30 minutes away from the nearest paint store, and I was NOT about to drive up there again and waist my entire day driving back and forth. . . so I improvised. 

Well, there were other things I didn't want to do either, like, tape the base boards, or cut in to the edges, or use a roller, or a paint brush.  Grin.  You are thinking what is up with this lady?  How is she going to paint?

 Simple.  Use a . . . .what are those things called?  Spackle knife thingy?  Anyway the things you put texture on the walls with. 

This is what is starts out looking like. . . kinda like camo hu?

It was quite comical to have each of my kids come in and say, "What are you doing?" with astonishment in their voice, none of them were brave enough to tell me I was crazy, just that it was weird. Then they would each spend the next five minutes explaining that it was a GOod weird, not a bad weird.  "Oh of course not."

My husband?  He just pleads the 5th, raised eyebrows, a smirk, and he disappears.


 This is my room. . . has this wonderful, take me away feeling.  Old, nostalgia, peaceful, non conformative.

Honestly though it didn't turn out that bad once I figured out what in the world I was doing. I used all 6 of the sample colors and created my own blue. The pictures really don't do it justice, the entire room has this, waterfall-y, early spring morning after a rain fall feeling; feels like old painted over plaster. I love it in there.


And the cool thing is it took very little paint.  I didn't have to follow and rules, . . and . . .well it allowed me to feel free. 


This is the beginning of Lydia's which I hope to finish tomorrow, or at least do something with tomorrow.

It's the kids one day at school so I might be able to allow my creative juices to flow, and lose myself in someTHING I love.. . that is instead of people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment