Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cub Scouts- Whirlwind.

Is it just me?  Do I not know how to have a calm and put together event?

12 Cub Scouts, 7 of my own kids, 4 neighbor kids, one of which had an accident and peed his pants, and another that nobody could find for 1/2 an hour, and don't forget the one who lost his shoes, plus a collaboration of bikes, plasma cars, scooters, skateboards, wiggle car, an open garage that was imposable to get closed.

Not to mention the phone that kept ringing, the husband that came home, the baby that was hungry (again), and the three year old that disappeared during lunch time and suddenly reappeared with a constant "I'm hungry, mom I'm hungry on his lips. 

My shoulders are starting to tense and my heart palpitate with the slightest of recollections.

I will never give the illusion that I am a super mom with a perfect disposition, quite honestly no artist in the world is good enough to paint that picture.

We did manage to pass off the Boys BobCat requirements and a re-run of the obstacle coarse we used for Jensen's Birthday.  I think they had fun. Me, I'm just glad I made it through without blowing a gasket.

Well I'm not counting the temper tantrum I threw when I found Ellie (13) and Kayden (12) in the bathroom filling up full sized balloons with water and FOOD COLORING.  What are they thinking?  NOW, in the middle of all this?  What happens if one brakes?  There is over a gallon in each one!  Where will all the food coloring go?  AAAAA! 

______________________________________

Diner of course had to be addressed immediately after the boys left, Stir Fry and Chinese Dumplings from Costco (Not Good!)  don't get them. 

Diner was peppered with a thousand questions on how you or rather "I" make Chinese Dumplings. 

"Hu?  Why in the world would you think that I know how to make Chinese Dumplings?"

"You lived in Japan?"

"So, if you lived . . . . . honestly I couldn't think of a good one, I was to exhausted, I just shook my head.

"How did you eat them then?"

"I bought them at the gas station."

Needless to say, I grabbed Lydia(3 1/2 months), went back in my room and pretended like I was nursing her for an indefinite amount of time, Leif (husband) calls her my security blanket; sometimes that is exactly what she is. 

Thankfully everyone got the hint and "disapeared", except for Isaac (3 but has told everyone he is 4 for a very long time) who wanted to play Rock, Paper, Scissors with me, by then the phone had rang and he settled for playing with Lydia. 

He is so dang cute, his little imagination amazes me.  He played and played with her, having the sweetest conversations with her and then with all the enthusiasm and excitement in the world, "Mom, Mom, Lydia is so happy, she won me, see!  Her Paper won my Rock like this, and she won!"  He practically glowed he was so excited for her; absolutely amazed that she figured out how to put her Paper on His Rock and win him when she was so small. He is also constantly amazed that she knows how to say four (his favorite number).  We couldn't figure out why he thought that, until he showed us, see she says four, and he held up four fingers. Grin. 

Isaac has brought me pure joy nearly every single day of his existence.  I can even say it was SOo worth it to be pregnant with him, and if you knew anything at all about my pregnancy with him, you would be absolutely shocked, really, you would be.  He is a gem in this world. Not sure why my Father in Heaven chose to trust him to me, but I will ever be grateful He has shared him, because I adore him.

No comments:

Post a Comment