Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Woops, Preschool Day.



So this morning I laid in bet waiting for my new babe to wake, and enjoying the fact that my children are so wonderful that they wake themselves and get going for the day.  I thought about the day a head of me and . . . . hmmm, I can't think of anything I need to do today, how wonderful is that.  So I laid a little longer, BIG MISTAKE.

When I came strolled out of my room, my overly responsible 13 year old Ellie reminded my my ever so clumsy 5 year old that he had preschool today.  Our eyes met as she said it and - DANG!  I have preschool today.

Forget the shower, and the breakfast, find a craft, activity, and a lesson.  THANK YOU Pinterest!

In moments I had Letters drawn on the driveway (Thank you Ellie), popcorn popped, (thank you Ellie) candles for melting crayons, and salt and glue for the letter Z.  Feew!  Right in time.

I thought to take pictures but. . . things were a little hectic and there was a very hungry baby fussing in the background so. . . no picture documentation.  Sad.  Cuz it was fun.

Letters A-Z in a circle on the drive way.

Crawl to the letter C
Hop to H
Zoom to Z
Wiggle to W

You get the idea.  They had fun.

Then-  It's Spring, what happens in Spring?  Things grow!  Let's sing Popcorn Popping on the Apricot tree.  Then we made very cute trees with colored Popcorn.

 HINT:  If you make kettle corn, a little oil, 1/4 cup-ish of sugar and 1/4 cup of popcorn and you add a drop of food coloring.  It ends up a perfect pastel mixture.  Pink, yellow, blue, green. Of Course one for each batch.

We made a tree stump and glued on the popcorn for flowers and used jelly beans for eggs in a tree nest (beginning of life).

Then the letter Z

Glue on black paper in the shape of a Z with some stripes - poor salt on it and Wallah!  Such cute Black and White striped Z.  Ok- not that cute, but it impressed the kids.
All in all, we made it through, the kids had fun, and my Watson feels like he is king for the day. 

Now on to Cub Scouts in a couple of hours. . .  what to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment